The California Almanac of Emissions and Air Quality - 2007 Edition
This page last reviewed January 14, 2010
This almanac was prepared and published by the staff of the Planning and Technical Support Division, California
Air Resources Board. Principal authors: Paul Cox, Andy Delao, Anna Komorniczak, and Robert Weller.
This document has been reviewed and approved by the staff of the California Air Resources Board. Approval does not signify that the contents necessarily reflect the views and policies of the Air Resources Board.
The almanac is currently available for download in PDF format. You may download the entire Adobe Acrobat document (PDF - 8.4 MB), or you may view the contents of each section in PDF format by clicking on the links provided below. The PDF files are best viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available for free download at www.adobe.com. The PDF files may be navigated page-by-page or with the bookmark navigation pane which will be opened automatically.
In addition to the PDF files, individual data tables from the almanac are available for download in both Excel (.xls) and text (.txt) formats. The tables for each chapter and appendix can be accessed by clicking below on the links to the Preface and Table of Contents or the links to the individual chapters and appendices. Alternatively, you may click here to download a zipped version of all the tables in Excel format (2.2 MB) or text format (292 kb).
Those who have received a CD version of the 2007 Almanac should please note that edits have been made to some of the Excel and text tables contained on the CD. Please refer to the online versions posted on this website for the following tables: Tables 2-10, 2-11, 3-6, 3-7, 5-2, 5-10, 5-11, 5-12, 5-13, 5-23, 5-47, 5-58, A-1, D-1, D-13.
For general information about the almanac or questions about the air quality data, please contact Paul Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org). For questions about the emissions data, please contact Andy Delao (email@example.com).
For questions about the air toxics data, please contact Robert Weller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The air quality trends presented in The California Almanac of Emissions and Air Quality - 2007 Edition represent a summary of data collected at a number of monitoring sites. Whenever data are summarized, the results can be influenced by many factors, including the number monitoring sites in the network, the opening and closing of critical sites, and the completeness of the data. The following document, updated during December 1998, provides information that is helpful for interpreting air quality trends in the 2007 Alamanac.
- Note from Chairman, Preface, and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Current Emissions and Air Quality -- Criteria Pollutants
- Chapter 3: Statewide Trends and Forecasts -- Criteria Pollutants
- Chapter 4: Air Basin Trends and Forecasts -- Criteria Pollutants
- Chapter 5: Toxic Air Contaminant Emissions, Air Quality, and Health Risk
- Appendix A: County Level Emissions and Air Quality by Air Basin
- Appendix B: Air Quality Trend Data by Pollutant: Ozone, PM10, PM2.5, CO, NO2, NOx, SO2
- Appendix C: Emissions, Air Quality, and Health Risk for Ten Toxic Air Contaminants
- Appendix D: Surface Area, Population, and Average Daily Vehicle Miles Traveled
- Appendix E: Natural Sources
- Appendix F: Lists of Figures and Tables for Chapters 1 through 5
If you have problems finding materials on this website, please contact us at: (916) 322-3260 or (800) 242-4450.