Last reviewed on
May 14, 2014
California GHG Inventory for 2012 — by IPCC Category
- The surface area of each category is proportional to its
- The color reflects change in emissions since year 2000:
neutral grey for no change, greener for larger decrease, browner
for larger increase.
- Bring your pointer on a category to read the 2012 GHG
emission estimate in Tg (i.e. million metric tonne) of CO2 equivalent
and the change since year 2000 (2000 value = index 100 so index=80
means 20% decrease, index=200 means doubling).
- Left click to set a category as the focus for the graph.
- Right click to set the parent category as the focus for
- Press F11 to view full screen.
- These are process-oriented categories. They follow the IPCC categorization
to ensure comparability with international inventories, which are
organized in a similar manner.
- CO2 equivalence based on Global Warming Potential values from IPCC
Fourth Assessment Report