This page last reviewed November 6, 2013
Senate Bill 375 - Resources for Target SettingThis webpage provides links to resources related to the target-setting portion of statewide implementation of Senate Bill 375 (SB 375). By June 30, 2010, ARB must propose draft regional greenhouse gas reduction targets for passenger vehicles in 2020 and 2035, and adopt final targets by September 30, 2010.
Click on the links below for quick navigation to each topic area:
- Bill Information
- Regional and Local Agency Information
- Regional Planning Information
- Other State Agency SB 375-Related Activities
- Other ARB Related Activities and Information
SB 375 mandates several changes to regional planning practice to better integrate land use, housing and transportation planning at the regional level and streamlines the environmental review process for certain types of projects. Below are links to the texts of SB 375 and SB 575, the companion legislation to SB 375, as well as a summary document highlighting some of the key requirements of SB 375 and a fact sheet from the Governor's office.
SB 375 necessitates increased collaboration among ARB, metropolitan planning organizations (MPOs) and air districts during the target-setting process and other phases of implementation, with input from local agencies and other stakeholders. Below are links to the regional and local agencies that will assist in the target-setting effort, as well as important model and data information from the MPOs.
- Links to California MPOs and Air Districts websites
- Map of California MPOs
- Map of California Air Districts
- California Air Pollution Control Officers Association
- California Association of Councils of Governments
- California State Association of Counties
- Institute for Local Government
- League of California Cities
- Local Government Commission
- MPO Model Self-Assessment for RTAC
- MPO Data Summary Spreadsheet for RTAC
- MPO Data Notes for RTAC
Several regional planning processes are integrated in SB 375 implementation and provide valuable information in the target-setting process. Below are links to resources that provide more detail on each of these processes.
ARB is one of several state agencies with a key role in implementation of SB 375. Below are links to state partners that are involved in implementing SB 375 and important SB 375-related activities.
Prior to SB 375, ARB participated in several efforts to provide information on potential mechanisms to reduce exposure to criteria pollutants and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through improved land use and transportation strategies. Below are links to the AB 32 Scoping Plan, informational resources and research resulting from these efforts.