Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
This page last updated September 28, 2015
The Air Resources Board (ARB) Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) is
designed to promote the purchase of battery electric, plug-in hybrid
electric, and fuel cell vehicles. Rebates of up to $5,000 per
light-duty vehicle are available for individuals, nonprofits,
government entities, and business owners who purchase or lease an
eligible vehicle. For current rebate statistics, please visit the Center for Sustainable Energy's (CSE) CVRP Rebate Statistics Webpage .
For Fiscal Year 2015-16, the California Energy Commission (Energy Commission) approved the transfer of $5 million to CVRP to augment funding freeway capable ZEVs certified for four or more passengers.
To apply for a rebate, check the status of your rebate, or to get more information regarding CVRP, please visit CSE's CVRP
website at https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng
or call 866-984-2532.
- Income cap for higher-income consumers
- Increased rebate levels for low- and moderate-income consumers
During the four to six month period while programmatic changes and implementation strategies are being developed, CVRP will continue to operate without the income limit changes. The timing for implementation of these program changes may be effected by pending low carbon transportation funds. Further details regarding specific income limit changes can be found the approved FY 2015-16 Funding Plan for Low Carbon Transportation Investments and Air Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) (Chapter 3, page 26).
- CVRP Final Report for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 (PDF- 4MB)
- CVRP Final Report for Fiscal Year 2012-2013 (PDF- 3MB)
- CVRP Final Report for Fiscal Years 2009-2011 (PDF- 2MB)
CVRP Work Group Meetings
- For more information on CVRP Work Group Meetings and other AQIP and Low Carbon Transportation meetings, please visit our Workshops/Meetings webpage.