Mobile Sources Program - Consumers Portal
This page last reviewed September 8, 2014
The Air Resources Board sets engine standards for mobile sources in
California. This includes everything from diesel trucks
and buses to lawn and garden equipment. Cleaner gasoline and diesel
fuels, in combination with tighter engine standards make cars and
other mobile sources in California the cleanest in the world. Although,
it is important to recognize that emission levels still vary
vehicles due to differences in emissions standards and emission
technologies. So, stay informed and make the clean air choice.
If you have questions or see a smoking vehicle call 1-800-END-SMOG.
- California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Program has been awarded an additional $116 million to provide rebates up to $5,000 toward the purchase of qualifying hydrogen fuel cell, battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- An additional 15,000 green HOV lane decals for solo driving in the carpool lane have been authorized for qualifying plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Governors Announce Bold Initiative to Put 3.3 Million Zero-Emission Vehicles on the Road by 2025
California's Clean Vehicle Buying Guides:
- DriveClean.ca.gov provides clean vehicle information and incentives, as well as environmental ratings for ALL vehicles certified in California, dating back to the 2000 model year.
- The Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Resource Center is an information center dedicated completely to vehicles that plug-in.
- All vehicles are required to display the Fuel Economy and Environment Label that will help you choose the cleanest, most efficient vehicle.
- DriveClean on Facebook will keep you informed about the latest developments in the alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicle market.
- DriveClean.ca.gov and the PEV Resource Center provide a searchable database of clean vehicle incentives available.
- Learn about other incentives and grant programs are available for clean vehicles.
- ARB is developing easier access to loan opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can you bring
a vehicle into California from out-of-state? How about a
- What are the current policies for carpool lane access?
- What are the requirements for Aftermarket, Performance and Add-On Parts?
- How do I find out about the vehicle scrap programs in California?
- What are ARB's activities with Advanced Clean Cars?
- What are ARB's activities with Climate Change?
- Where can I find out how to fuel my alternative fuel vehicle?
- Where can I find more information about Battery and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles?
- What is happening with Hydrogen in California?
- What should I know about off-road recreational vehicles?
- What should I know about purchasing watercraft?
- What are California's passenger car and light-duty truck requirements?
Background & Resources:
- California's Zero Emission Vehicle Program
- California's Hydrogen Initiatives
- Electric and Hydrogen Fuels and Vehicles
- Get information about Smog Check
- Learn about ARB's research and studies re: mobile sources of air pollution
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Program
- Single-occupant use of California's HOV lanes