Carl Moyer Program Guidelines Supplemental Documents
This page was last reviewed July 15, 2013
This page contains clarifying information to help air districts and applicants evaluate Carl Moyer Program projects.
Current Carl Moyer Program Guideline Supplemental Documents
The following supplemental documents are a tool to help stakeholders understand the policies of the 2011 Carl Moyer Program Guidelines. These documents have been updated to reflect Board approval provided on April 28, 2011. These documents are to provide air districts and participants with clarifications to the policy components of the Guidelines.
- Fleet Rule Implementation Charts (PDF 1.37MB)
- Example Calculations (PDF 713KB)
- Regulatory Compliance Instructions (PDF 225KB)
2008 Carl Moyer Program Guideline Supplemental DocumentsImplementation Charts
- On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Heavy-Duty vehicle projects subject to the Truck and Bus Rule (PDF 50KB)
- Heavy-Duty vehicle projects subject to the 2005 Guidelines (Guidance is FINAL) (PDF 81KB)
- Heavy-Duty vehicle projets subject to the 2008 Guidelines (PDF 80KB)
- Off-Road Compression Ignition Equipment
- Large Spark-Ignition Equipment (PDF 41KB)
- Agricultural Irrigation Pump Engines (PDF 47KB)
- Transport Refigeration Units (PDF 26KB)
Locomotive Projects - Guidance for Determining Emission Factors
Guidance for Determing Emission Factors
These documents provide information regarding required steps for determining Carl Moyer Program locomotive project emission factors.
- Alternative Technology Switcher Purchase Project (PDF 5KB)
- Remanufacture Kit or Repower Project (PDF 10KB)
- U.S. EPA Locomotive Certification Data
for Estimating Fuel Consumption of a New Gen-Set Switch Locomotive
The following document provides guidance and an example to estimate fuel consumption for a locomotive project
- Detroit Diesel Engines and Serial Numbers
The following documents provide information to assist Districts with locating Detroit Diesel marine engines including engine model and model year and associated serial numbers.
- Detroit Diesel Engines 1943-1985 (PDF 294KB)
- Detroit Diesel Engines 1972-1993 (PDF 336KB)
- Quick Reference Spreadsheet of Detroit Diesel Engines 1972-1993 (Excel 37KB)