Dry Cleaning Program - Publications
This page last reviewed September 11, 2015
The following notices contain information related to the California statewide Perchloroethylene (Perc) Dry Cleaning ATCM (Dry Cleaning ATCM) and the Non-Toxic Dry Cleaning Incentive Program (AB 998): Notice 2009-1 provides information on the compliance requirements of the Dry Cleaning ATCM; Notice 2015-1 provides information on the administration of the AB 998 Demonstration Program; and Notice 2015-2 provides updated information on the alternative solvents which are being used in California. If you have any questions concerning the information on the notices, please refer to the ARB staff contact listed on each notice.
- Dry Cleaning Notice 2015-2: Updated Alternative Solvents Used for Dry Cleaning Operations [English]
- Dry Cleaning Notice 2015-1: AB 998 Demonstration Program [English]
- Dry Cleaning Notice 2009-1: Advisory to Owners and Operators of Perc Dry Cleaning Facilities [English] [Korean] [Spanish]
On December 27, 2007, the Office of Administrative Law approved and submitted to the Secretary of State ARB’s final rulemaking file for the amended Dry Cleaning ATCM and the requirements for Perc manufacturers and distributors. As a result, the approved regulations became State law on that date. Major requirements of the Dry Cleaning ATCM and the requirements for Perc manufacturers and distributors are summarized in these advisories.
- Dry Cleaning ATCM [English] [Korean]
- Environmental Training
- Perc Manufacturers and Distributors
- ARB/CAPCOA letter providing guidance to APCDs in addressing dry cleaners having difficulties coming into compliance with the Dry Cleaning ATCM
The following fact sheets contain information related to California’s dry cleaning regulations, dry cleaning alternative solvents, and the non-toxic dry cleaning incentive program (AB 998). If you have a question concerning one of these aspects of dry cleaning in California, please refer to the appropriate ARB staff person listed as a contact on each appropriate fact sheet.
- Dry Cleaning ATCM Requirements [English] [Korean]
- AB 998 Non-Toxic Dry Cleaning Incentive Program [English] [Korean]
- California State Fire Marshall Information Bulletin on Fire Protection Systems for Dry Cleaning Plants with Type-III Dry Cleaning Systems and the 2010 Fire Code Requirements
- A Notice to Provide Information on Financing Alternative Dry Cleaning Machines
Toxicity Evaluation of Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane (D5)
In September 2006, GreenEarth® (GreenEarth) requested the Air Resources Board (ARB) to evaluate the health information for Decamethylcyclopentasiloxane, also known as D5, the solvent used in GreenEarth. Consequently, we asked the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) to review the available information on the toxicity and persistence of D5. The following documents pertain to OEHHA’s evaluation.
- ARB letter to the local air districts
- OEHHA memo to ARB (Review of Toxicity Information on D5)
- Industry comments
- OEHHA response
California Dry Cleaning Industry Technical Assessment Report
The final California Dry
Cleaning Industry Technical Assessment Report, detailing
the status of the California dry cleaning industry, is
available for download
For more information, please contact Mei Fong at (916) 324-2570 or Ily Mason at (916) 323-0006.
The following publications contain information to the Dry Cleaning ATCM.