Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project
This page last updated April 13, 2017
Vehicle Eligibility Information
Which hybrid and zero-emission trucks and buses are eligible for a voucher?
Please visit http://www.californiahvip.org/eligible-vehicles for a current list of eligible vehicles and voucher amounts. The list will be updated as new vehicles are added.
How does a manufacturer request adding a vehicle to the List of Eligible Vehicles?
ARB is responsible for reviewing vehicle eligibility applications submitted by manufacturers and making eligibility determinations. HVIP provides funding for fully commercialized vehicles. Demonstration vehicles still in the demonstration or evaluation stage are not eligible for the HVIP. (See other funding options that may be available in the advanced technology demonstration section of this website.) The HVIP application and submittal instructions are provided below.
- Application Submittal Instructions (PDF - 15KB)
- HVIP Vehicle Eligibility
Applications for Vehicle Manufacturers:
- New Hybrid Vehicle and Hybrid Vehicle Conversion (PDF- 124KB)
- New Zero-Emission Vehicle and Zero-Emission Vehicle Conversion (PDF- 101KB)
- Aerial Boom Vehicle with ePTO (PDF- 95KB)
- New Vehicle Equipped With Low NOx Engine (PDF- 69KB)
- Low NOx Engine Used for Repower (PDF- 63KB)