Low Carbon Transportation Investments and Air Quality Improvement Program (AQIP)
This page last reviewed July 23, 2015
ARB's Low Carbon Transportation and AQIP programs provide mobile source incentives to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, criteria pollutants, and air toxics through the development of advanced technology and clean transportation.
Low Carbon Transportation investments are supported by California Cap-and-Trade auction proceeds. Per statute these funds must be used to further the purposes of Assembly Bill 32 (AB 32; Nuņez, Chapter 488, Statutes of 2006). Each year, the legislature appropriates funding to ARB for low carbon transportation projects. In fiscal year (FY) 2014-15 $200 million was allocated for low carbon transportation projects. AQIP, established by the California Alternative and Renewable Fuel, Vehicle Technology, Clean Air, and Carbon Reduction Act of 2007 (AB 118, Statutes of 2007, Chapter 750), is a voluntary incentive program administered by ARB to fund clean vehicle and equipment projects, research of biofuels production and the air quality impacts of alternative fuels, and workforce training. The AQIP Guidelines and annual Funding Plans guide ARB's implementation of AQIP.
Current Low Carbon Transportation and AQIP Projects
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
- Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project
- Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Pilot Projects - Coming Soon!
- Advanced Technology Demonstration Projects
- Truck Loan Assistance Program
- Low Carbon Transportation Light-Duty Pilot Projects to Benefit Disadvantaged Communities
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Proposed Fiscal Year 2015-16 Funding Plan
- Proposed Fiscal Year 2015-16 Funding Plan for Low Carbon Transportation Investments and Air Quality Improvement Program and Notice of Public Meeting to Consider the Approval of the Funding Plan
July 13, 2015
June 23, 2015
- Grant Solicitation for the Multi-Source Facility Demonstration Project for Fiscal Year 2014-2015; Solicitation Open June 23, 2015 - September 24, 2015
- Grant Solicitation for the Zero-Emission Drayage Truck Demonstration Project for Fiscal Year 2014-2015; Solicitation Open June 23, 2015 - September 24, 2015
June 18, 2015
- City of Los Angeles & San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) both selected as Grantees to Administer the Car Sharing Pilot Project for Fiscal Year 2014-2015